Morning Routines are essential to starting your day, but most people hit the snooze button, rush to get ready and bolt out the door before taking a second for themselves. In college I learned the value of taking my morning for myself before the world needed things from me. I look at my mornings the same way I would look at my car, if I don’t fill it up with gas, I won’t be going anywhere. In the same way as my car, I need to fuel myself up before my day begins.
Remember, you can’t pour from an empty cup, take care of yourself first.
Every morning I wake up between 5-6am. I know that for some that just isn’t do-able, but for me it gives me enough time to take care of me. Waking up early, does two things for me:
1) I have peace. There are no distractions from others, my phone or emails. Sometimes all of the stimulation in the world can make me anxious. This way I can have me-time.
2) I love the silence. My household is still sleeping, my dogs are still in their beds and there isn’t any noise in my neighborhood. This gives me time to focus on my tasks for the day and clear my head. I always have a running to-do list and when the world is up, I ave to be too.
Every morning I wake up hungry enough to eat a bear. I don’t eat anything after 7pm if I can help it, and will drink SleepyTime Un-caffinated Green Tea before bed. By the time morning rolls around my first though is food.
For breakfast I want to eat something sustainable for my day, yet healthy. Most days I will have a dark chocolate protein pancake from Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes with fruit on top, with a side of Dannon Oikos Triple Zero Greek Yogurt, and a glass of Califa Farms XX Espresso Cold Brew Coffee with Almond Milk.
Fueling your body for your day is essential for energy and concentration throughout your day.
Every morning I do three things for myself. That usually consists of hitting the gym for a quick hiit workout + weight training, practicing my yoga practice and meditation + taking time to pamper myself when I do my makeup and hair.
These three things play an essential role in my health and my outlook on the day.
- Working out releases endorphins, boots my metabolism, reduces my stress and anxiety and helps me burn more calories throughout the day! (I love to eat, but hate feeling bloated)
- 2.) Yoga + meditation keep my muscles loose and my mind clear and centered.
- Pampering myself is taking time in my presentation. You look how your feel. Working in the professional world I want to literally put my best face forward. If I’m tired, it shoes. If I eat crap, it shows. I don’t believe in doing your makeup in the car while rushing to work.
Lastly, I read my quote book. My quote book is full of positive words, affirmations, compliments I give myself + Bible verses that bring me joy and peace. To me this is feeding myself positivity at the very beginning of my day. Sometimes the world can be negative, this is my way to combat that.
Leave a comment on how you spend your mornings!